2021 EVS Trainee Travel Scholarship
The Eastern Vascular Society is pleased to offer a Trainee Traveling Scholarship (grant) for Medical Students, Surgical Residents (PGY-1 to PGY-4) and Fellows, to attend the 35th Annual Meeting, September 23-26, 2021, at Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston, SC.
To apply, students, residents, and fellows should fill out the application form and submit a brief personal statement expressing your interest in vascular surgery and how this scholarship will help to further your training. All applications for the Travel Scholarship must be received by July 31, 2021. The grant covers travel reimbursement and travel expenses and you will be required to attend certain sessions, lunches and breakfasts - see guidelines below. This grant does not include meeting registration. This grant is provided in the form of reimbursement, after completing the necessary requirements.
Recipients will receive up to a $1,000 reimbursement award to help cover the cost of attending the 2021 Annual Meeting.
- This Fellowship can not be combined with the EVS Mock Oral Scholarship (Mock Orals are only being offered virtually this year).
- Applicants must pre-register for the Annual Meeting in order to be considered. Please pre-register at www.easternvascular.org.
- Applicants must stay in The Belmond Charleston Place.
- Important: Applicants must collect a Scholarship Passport and have each section completed in order to receive their reimbursement. Applicants will NOT be reimbursed for travel expenses unless this is complete.
- Attendees must choose one breakfast and two lunch symposiums to attend with their Mentors
- Attend the Young Vascular Surgeons Program
- Attend the Issues Panel
- Attend at least 1 session of the Post Graduate course (or Radiation Safety Program)
- Attend all Scientific Sessions
- Attend either the Community Physicians Program or the Allied Health Program
- Attend the Poster Session
- Meet with their sponsoring Mentor once per day – sign ups to follow
Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2021
Apply below. Good luck!