2021 EVS Mock Oral Scholarship
The Eastern Vascular Society is pleased to offer a Mock Oral Exam Fellowship (grant) for Advanced Surgical Residents (PGY-4 and PGY-5) and Fellows. Please note that they will only be offered VIRTUALLY at the conference. The grant will be distributed among the various institutions within the region and is meant to allow trainees that were not already planning to attend the EVS Annual Meeting to participate and to prepare for their Board Exams.
Eligibility and Notification:
Advanced General Surgery and Vascular Surgery Residents and Fellows who are enrolled in one of the accredited programs in the Eastern United States and Canada are encouraged to apply for the grant. Applications must be received no later than July 31, 2021. Notifications will be sent to accepted individuals via e-mail.
To apply, Advanced Residents (PGY-4 and PGY-5) and Fellows should fill out the application form and submit a brief personal statement expressing their interest in Vascular Surgery and how this grant will help to further their training. All applications for the Mock Oral Grant must be received by July 31, 2021. The grant includes meeting registration reimbursement, travel reimbursement, and complimentary hotel stay at the Belmond Charleston Place for the Annual Meeting. It also includes all scientific sessions, The Young Surgeon’s Program, receptions, and all breakfast and lunch symposia. This grant is provided in the form of reimbursement, after completing the necessary requirements.
Recipients will receive up to a $1,100 reimbursement award to help cover the cost of attending the 2021 Annual Meeting.
- This Fellowship can not be combined with the EVS Trainee Traveling Scholarship.
- Applicants must pre-register for the Annual Meeting in order to be considered. Please pre-register at https://events.easternvascular.org/.
- Applicants must stay in the Belmond Charleston Place – up to 3 nights of lodging are offered.
- Important: Applicants must collect a Scholarship Passport and have each section completed in order to receive their reimbursement. Applicants will NOT be reimbursed for travel expenses unless this is complete.
- Attend the Young Vascular Surgeons Program
- Attend the Issues Panel
- Attend at least 1 session of the Post Graduate course (or Radiation Safety Program)
- Attend at least 1 Scientific Session per day
- Attend either the Community Physicians Program or the Allied Health Program
- Attend the Poster Session
- Meet with their sponsoring Mentor once per day – sign-ups to follow
Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2021
This form is currently closed for submissions.