What is the YVS Program?
The EVS Young Vascular Surgeon Program is dedicated to vascular surgeons in the first 0-5 years of practice. The mission of the YVS program is to foster and accelerate the learning and career development of EVS Candidate members within their first years of clinical practice. The EVS, in conjunction with the YVS program, will achieve this mission by advocating for mentorships, scholarships and creating engaging and interactive forums virtually and in person at the Annual EVS meeting. Our Annual Meeting is designed to focus and enhance the efforts of the EVS community in education, advocacy, quality practice, ethics, research, diversity/equity/inclusion, and member value, with specific focus and attention to the needs of members in the earlier stages of their careers.
EVS Candidate membership is available to Students, Fellows, Residents and Young Vascular Surgeons in the first 0-3 years of practice. To become a candidate member just apply here. or for more information just email Admin@EasternVascular.org.
Candidate Member Benefits
- Dedicated educational programming at the EVS Vascular Annual Meeting
- Participation in EVS Abstract & Poster competition
- Simulation Training
- Discounts on educational opportunities and other society memberships
- Networking Opportunities
- Mentorship and Scholarship Programs
- Access to the EVS Connect Community
- Opportunity to participate in EVS committees
- EVS Job Fairs and Vascular Career Center
- Mock Oral Exams
The YVS Engagement Series How to succeed as a young vascular surgeon
- From student to trainee to attending
The Eastern Vascular Society is pleased to announce a four-part web series for young surgeons: “How to succeed as a young vascular surgeon: From student to trainee to attending”. Each session will be focused on an area important to young and aspiring surgeons and consist of a mix of young and experienced surgeon panelists sharing their collective wisdom, followed by a time for question and answer.
The second session is about research on May 31st at 7pm.
Session 2: RESEARCH
Moderators: Patty Yau & Asad Choudhry
- Basic vs Clinical vs Translational Research - What's for me?: Areck Ucuzian MD PhD, University of Maryland
- How to be a good research mentee: Katherine Reitz MD MS, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Progressing from student to resident researcher to PI - "How I got where I am today": Caitlin Hicks MD MS, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Grant Writing - The Basics, and how to get started: Karen Woo MD PhD, UCLA
- Clinical trials and investigational devices: Javairiah Fatima MD, Medstar Health
The rest of the sessions are as follows:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - June/TBD
- Community Practice - July/TBD
*Advance registration is recommended. Once you have registered, you will receive links and reminders for each of the upcoming sessions in the series.
YVS Engagement Series Registration
Please fill out our the registration form. We will notify you about each of the 4 YVS virtual programs.